Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Through the mailbox 2.0

Six years later (omg!) I'm back.

2020 has been a tough year for everyone around the world but one good thing that it recently brought for me is my postcard hobby.
I stopped sending and receiving postcards in 2014 when I moved away from home to go to college, with new friends, new experiences and new activities going on, my interest on postcards (and this blog) started fading away. 

There were a few times when I felt like reconnecting with the hobby but I never did until now that I've been in lockdown since mid March... Just like lots of people around the globe in these last months I've baked, I've done a bunch of jigsaw puzzles, I've watched tons of shows and movies, had a bunch of Zoom calls, I re-decorated my bedroom and I've gone a bit overboard with online shopping. Last week while trying to find something new to do, a wooden box that had been closed a few years caught my attention, it was my postcard box. I went through it rediscovering my cards and remembering the excitement I felt anytime the mailman brought a new one so a few hours later I was signing up to Postcrossing again and as I filled the about me section I remembered the blog! 
Can you believe I couldn't remember the exact name?! When I finally accessed my account I remembered that aside from receiving stuff I also really enjoyed writing entries for each postcard and I felt incredibly surprised to see people have still been visiting the blog all these years! 

So what's happening?

My first five Postcrossing postcards are travelling right now and it will be a while until I start receiving cards back so I figured in order to start things running I'll be uploading some cards I received a few years ago and never made it into the blog. 

These cards are currently travelling to the USA, Germany, Norway, Russia and Malaysia!


A new header! 
I always loved my header and felt extremely proud of it since it was made using only an iPod touch camera and Microsoft Paint. I wanted to keep the same vibe showing some of my favorite stamps so it looks pretty similar but with a little upgrade. Sadly Blogger lowers the quality of the image but what can I  do. Farewell old header, thank you for welcoming visitors all these years, you'll never be forgotten. 



More interviews! 
Some of the most popular entries on my blog were the Snail mailers around the globe interviews so I'm really excited to bring those back, hopefully I'll find people who want to participate. 
In the meantime you can check the tag to read the ones I did a few years ago. 


So to all of you Postcrossers/snail-mail enthusiasts reading this, thank you for being here! 
Stay tuned, there's many cards to come ;) 
-Niza 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment