Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My most special postcard ♥



As you can tell from the title this is my most special postcard. Why?
Well because it was the first postcard I ever received, I got it when I was two years old and it was from my dad. He was working in Brazil at that time so he thought sending me a postcard would be a cool idea (and it was!) it's funny because he wrote: "This is the first postcard you'll get from abroad", maybe he knew I was intended to become a postcard lover/freak/collector years after ;)
And is not only special because of this little story but because eventually it triggered my love towards postcards, obviously when I got it I was too small to understand the concept but my mom kept it for me and when she gave it back when I was about seven, I became fascinated with the idea of being able to send this pretty pieces of paper (that came with pretty stamps and post marks) from any country in the world to another.
And I planned to post this yesterday because as you can see this card got postmarked on March 26 1995 so that would have been a celebration of 17 years but well it's the celebration of 17 years + 1 day now ;)

So that's the emotional story behind it now a little info about vibrant Rio:

Rio de Janeiro is the second largest city in Brazil, on the South Atlantic coast. Rio is famous for its breathtaking landscape, its laidback beach culture and its annual carnival.
The harbour of Rio de Janeiro is comprised of a unique entry from the ocean that makes it appear to be the mouth of a river. Additionally, the harbor is surrounded by spectacular geographic features including Sugar Loaf mountain at 395 meters (1,296 feet), Corcovado Peak at 704 meters (2,310 feet), and the hills of Tijuca at 1,021 meters (3,350 feet). These features work together to collectively make the harbor one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World).
Rio de Janeiro will host many of the 2014 FIFA World Cup games, including the final, and the 2016 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. 

*Source 
Muchísisisimas gracias papi! (:

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I look for stamps Mexico. You would like to exchange by brazilian postcards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joao(:
      For sure we can make a swap, e-mail me at: lovebisquets@yahoo.com.mx so we can arrange it!

      Delete